1. Must be a PA student currently enrolled in an accredited PA Program
2. Must be in good academic standing in your PA program
3. Must be a member of the African Heritage Caucus (may apply at time of application submission)
submit current transcripts with application
5. Applicants must obtain 2 letters of reference, one of which must be from your faculty advisor or program director
6. Must write a minimal 1000 word essay on 1 of the following topics (please
include as an attachment with the rest of your supporting documentation)
a. What are the major health care disparities facing the African American Community and how will you address this problem as a practicing PA?
b. In a dynamic healthcare environment with the United States facing major challenges in keeping health care cost down, what can be done as a future PA to ensure individuals are provided with quality, efficient care without substantially increasing
c. Please describe the anticipated impact of health care reform in addressing the issues of racial healthcare disparities in our country.
Questions? Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with “AHC Scholarship 2017 Question” as subject.